Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My History

Hello. I was diagnosed with Crohns disease at the age of 13. I feel I have been through everything and back. It is kind of ironic though, that once you have been through a lot you feel you have not been through anythingat all. This may be confusing for some but others will now exactly what I mean.

Here is a breif history:

Diagnosed in 1997.

Surgeries:
Appendectomy-1997
Csection-2007
Colostomy was suggested in 2007 and I refused along with the advise for bowel resections here and there! I still have it all.

Rx I have been on:
Prednisone- took for 7yrs-developed osteoporosis
Remicade-tried 8 infusions, each time I needed more and more benedryl to counteract the side effects Humira-just stopped a week ago due to granules in my lungs (I hope I never have to get back on)
6mp-quit Oct 2012 on my own against the docs orders. I felt the combo w/ Humira was to much for my body
azathioprine- never worked
asacol- took 12 pills a day only to read the words asacol in the toilet from not absorbing
flagyl-not sure why I stopped this one, probably did not work
methotrexate-" " "
tramadol- for pain as needed
B12 shots-2 shots/month (1cc)
Iron infusion- at one point my hemoglobinlevels were at 6 and I was having blood transfusions. I tried Iron IV and had severe allergic reaction.
Low Dose Naltrexone

Current Treatment:
Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg, B12, Vitaspray Suppliments, Active Folate, VSL#3 and I am starting a round of 40 HBOT starting 8-18-13 (I will let you know how that goes!) I also stopped humira due to the lung xray results that were required for the hyperbaric o2 treatment. The xray showed granules in my lungs. The doctor "sats" it could be an infection from another country (I have been to Isreal @3y/o and Romania @ 21y/o. I hae also been to central america and the bahamas.) I hated humira anyway so I am happy not to have to shoot myself in the leg every other week!

I really wanted to start my blog and I will post a great post tomorrow! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment