Monday, January 27, 2014

Symptom Free on Humira Once Again...

Hello All. I just wanted to report on my status after starting Humira 4 wks ago. I have been symptom free and started gaining back some very needed weight!!

Prior to the injections :
I was so bad I could not walk and had to use an electric cart and handicap sticker when going out and about! I had fire in my stomach and a constant torture of someone ringing out my intestines! That is what it felt like a long with embarrassing accidents and content bowel movements: none solid. I was throwing up every morning and I losses over 20lbs.

Weighing the pros and cons:
I had a lot of side effects from the Humira such a psoriasis, double vision, EXTREME photosensitivity: I could not open my eyes outside without sunglasses and I felt like a vampire burning in the daylight! Literally my skin would burn off like a hot iron touched me. I was being followed by Abbott lab. due to all these side effects and felt it was my duty for my family and I for me to try a holistic all natural method. I went gluten free even!! However 6 months off of Humira (as my doc told me) I was worse then I started and gladly gave my self the booster shots!

In life you have to weigh the pros and cons. I would rather have those side effects then the inability to play with my 6 year old son and enjoy life on a daily basis. Its about quality and not quantity to I had to stop worrying about the million side effects that come in the pamphlet with Humira and just be happy it works for me


No comments:

Post a Comment